There are many amazing Apple Watch faces that you can use. However, if you’re like me, chances are you like using different watch faces for different times or places. For example, I like a more formal watch face at work, a more detailed watch face in the morning, and a simple, non-distracting watch face at night. Luckily, you can have your Apple Watch automatically switch watch faces and always have the perfect watch face ready to go when you need it. With that, let’s see how to automatically change the face of the Apple Watch based on time or location.
Automatically Change Apple Watch Face Based on Time or Location (2022)
In this guide, we’ll use a few different shortcuts to automate the Apple Watch face. While one lets you change your watch face based on a preferred time, the other lets you change the face based on where you want it. Both shortcuts are reliable and don’t require much customization, so you won’t need to enable the unreliable shortcuts to use this guide.
Before you begin, make sure you have the Apple Shortcuts app installed on your iPhone. If the app is not available on your device, go to App Store -> Search “Shortcuts” and download it on your iPhone running iOS 12 or later.
Automatically change the face of your Apple Watch at a certain time
1. To begin, open the Shortcuts app on your paired iPhone and tap the “Automation” tab at the bottom of the screen.
2. Now press Create a personal automation and choose Time of the day. Note that if you have already created an automation, you will need to press the “+” button in the upper right corner of the screen and press Create personal automation.
3. Then select sunrise or sunset then set a specific time around these solar events according to your needs. You can also choose a repeat option like Daily, weekly or monthly.
4. Once you have set the time, touch Following in the upper right corner of the screen.
5. Press Add action. Then use the search bar to search for a watch and choose Set watch face in the result list of watch faces.
6. On the Shares the screen, press the word “Confront” located just below “Set active watch face to”. Then choose the watch face you want to change to the specified time. Besides, you can also use the search bar to search for a watch face and choose it.
- It’s worth pointing out that the listing here uses the official watch face names. Therefore, you may notice duplicates.
- Moreover, it is also due to the fact that the list corresponds to the current faces that you have arranged on your watchOS device. So don’t be confused.
7. On the Shares screen, touch Following in the upper right corner of the screen.
8. Next, turn off the toggle beside Ask before you run and confirm the action by pressing Do not ask in the pop-up window. Then press Finished in the upper right corner of the screen.
That’s it! From now on, your watch face will automatically change at the specified time. You can use this trick to set more Apple Watch faces to change at different times.
Automatically change the face of your Apple Watch based on location
Changing the face of the Apple Watch based on location is just as easy.
1. To begin, open the Shortcuts app on your iPhone -> Automation tab basically -> Create personal automation.
2. Now choose Arrive or Depart option based on when you want your Apple Watch face to change automatically.
3. Now press the “Choose” option that appears next to Location and then select a preferred location. You can select a location by search or enter address.
4. After selecting the desired location, press Following in the upper right corner of the screen.
5. Press the “+” Add action button. Then use the search box to search for “watch” and choose “Set Watch Face” from the stock list.
6. On the Shares screen, touch the word “face” which appears just below “Set active watch face to”. Then, select a favorite watch face that you want to change when arriving or leaving the specified location.
7. Finally, touch Following when the Actions screen appears, then press Fact on the New Automation screen to finish.
Change the face of your Apple Watch at any time or place you want
This is how you can automate your Apple Watch to change faces wherever or whenever you choose. As someone who likes full customization, I find this trick very useful. If you’re also in the same boat, chances are you’ll also want to automatically change your watch face. Additionally, you might also want to explore our extensive roundup of the best Apple Watch tips and tricks. That said, what do you think of this trick? Be sure to post your thoughts via the comments section below.