Task Manager is one of the recent apps to get a new overhaul on Windows 11. Along with this, Microsoft has also introduced a new feature called Efficiency Mode in Windows 11 Task Manager to improve the lifespan of Windows 11. battery on laptops and reduce thermal throttling. Don’t forget that Windows 11 Task Manager lets you quickly disable startup programs, find offensive processes that are high disk users, and more. Meanwhile, Task Manager is an essential utility on Windows 11, and you need to know how to open it. Therefore, in this article, we provide you with an 8-point guide on how to open Task Manager in Windows 11.
Open Task Manager in Windows 11 (2022)
In this guide, we’ve included 8 different ways to open Task Manager in Windows 11. From the command prompt to the Start menu and keyboard shortcuts, we’ve added all the possible ways to launch Task Manager. You can expand the table below and jump to the section of your choice.
Open Task Manager in Windows 11 with Keyboard Shortcuts
The fastest and easiest way to open Task Manager is to use a Windows 11 keyboard shortcut. Just press three keys simultaneously and Task Manager will launch immediately. Here’s how.
1. Press Windows 11″ hotkeyCtrl + Shift + Esc” to instantly launch Task Manager in Windows 11.
2. You can also press the “Ctrl + Alt + Del” shortcut to open the Advanced menu. Here, click on “Task Manager” to check the CPU, GPU and RAM usage of apps and processes on your Windows 11 PC.
3. And that’s it, the task manager will open immediately. Additionally, you can click “More details” in the lower left corner to find more information about processes, performance, services, startup applications, etc.
4. Here is the Task Manager running in Windows 11, but the old existing design. You can consult the redesigned Windows 11 task manager using the linked article.
5. If you want one-click access to Task Manager, just right-click on it in the taskbar and pin it. This way, you can always open the task manager with just one click.
1. Another easy way to launch Task Manager in Windows 11 is to use the Quick Links menu. Simply right-click on the Start icon or press “Windows+X” to open the Quick Links menu. Here, click on “Task Manager”.
2. There you go! Task Manager running on your Windows 11 PC.
Launch Task Manager in Windows 11 from Run Prompt
1. You can also press “Windows + R” to open the Run prompt. Here, type
taskmgr and press Enter.
2. This will quickly launch Task Manager on your computer.
1. As with all other utilities in Windows 11, open the Start menu and search for “task administrator“. The task manager will appear in the first place.
2. Click on the search result, and Task Manager will open immediately.
Open Task Manager in Windows 11 from File Explorer
1. If you are in a file explorer window and want to quickly access the task manager, click on the address bar, enter
taskmgr.exeand press the Enter key.
2. It’s OK open task manager just there.
Find Task Manager in Windows 11 from Windows Tools
1. Press the Windows key on the keyboard once to open the Windows 11 Start menu. Now click on “All Apps” in the upper right corner.
2. Then scroll down and search for “Windows tools” to open it. You will most certainly find it below.
3. The Windows Tools window will then open. Here scroll down and double click on task manager.
4. And this is how you can launch Task Manager in Windows 11 from Windows tools.
Open Task Manager in Windows 11 from Command Prompt and PowerShell
Windows 11 Task Manager is also accessible via Command Prompt and PowerShell. The command below works on both Terminal environments, so follow it to learn another method to open Task Manager.
1. Press the Windows key and type “ordered” in the search bar. Now open “Command Prompt” in the search result. No need to open CMD with admin access, but if you still want to open CMD or other application with admin privilege, you can follow our linked guide.
2. In the CMD or PowerShell window, simply run the command below and Task Manager will open instantly in Windows 11. How cool, right?
Create Task Manager Shortcut on Windows 11 Desktop
1. If you want to have a quick shortcut for Task Manager on your Windows 11 desktop, right-click on the desktop and choose New -> Shortcut.
2. Then type
taskmgr.exe in the location field and click “Next”.
3. On the next page, enter “Task Manager” as the shortcut name and click “Finish“.
4. A Task Manager shortcut will be created on desktop.
5. Double click on the shortcut to open Task Manager in Windows 11. That’s it.
Monitor the performance of your Windows 11 PC with Task Manager
So here are the 8 easy ways to open Task Manager and learn more about your PC’s performance and resource usage in real time. As an avid Windows user, I always keep a tab on Task Manager to know how my computer performs in different scenarios. Task Manager is also useful for disabling startup programs, which can help speed up Windows 11 to some extent. Anyway, it all comes from us. If you are looking for ways to open Control Panel in Windows 11, we have a handy guide for you. And if you have any questions, let us know in the comments section below.