Besides unlocking Windows 11, we also recommend a number of system tweaks that can improve your PC’s performance. One of them is to disable startup programs for a fast startup and a lag-free experience after login. While you can easily disable startup apps from Task Manager or Windows Settings, what if you want to add your favorite programs to the startup apps list? This is where the startup folder comes in. By following our guide, you can find the Windows 11 startup folder and add shortcuts to the programs you want to run every time you start your computer. So without further ado, let’s find out where the Windows 11 startup folder is located.
Find Windows 11 (2022) Startup Folder
In this article, we have mentioned three different ways to access the startup folder on Windows 11. You can find the startup folder for the current profile and all users. That said, let’s dive into it.
Find Windows 11 Startup Folder Using Run Command
The easiest way to find the Windows 11 startup folder is from the Run dialog box. All you need to do is run a command and you can locate the startup folder in Windows 11 in seconds. Here’s how.
1. First, use Windows 11″ hotkeyWindows+R” to open the Run prompt. Here, enter the command below and press Enter.
2. It’s okay directly open the startup folder on your Windows 11 computer. From here, you can add or remove shortcuts according to your preferences.
3. Apart from that, you can paste the under the path in Run prompt to open Startup folder on Windows 11.
Find Windows 11 Startup Folder from File Explorer
Now, many of you would like to know where the startup folder is in Windows 11. Well, if you want to manually access the startup folder on Windows 11, you can use File Explorer. But before that, you need to enable hidden files on Windows 11. Here are the steps you need to follow.
1. Press “Windows + E” to open File Explorer. Here, click on the 3-dot menu in the title bar and select “Choice“.
2. Next, switch to the “View” tab and select the “Show hidden files, folders and drivesradio button under “Hidden files and folders”. Now click Apply -> OK.
3. Next, click the down arrow left in the address bar and open your user profile. It is usually named after your PC name or username.
4. Then open the “Application data” folder. It will appear translucent because it is usually hidden from general users.
5. Under the “AppData” folder, navigate to Microsoft -> Windows -> Start Menu -> Programs. Here you will find the “Startup” folder.
6. Open it, and that’s where you find shortcuts to all programs in the Windows 11 startup apps list.
7. In summary, the Windows 11 startup folder location is as follows. Here you need to replace the
username with your PC username.
Access Windows 11 Startup Folder for All Users
The above two methods allow you to find the startup folder for your current profile only. However, sometimes applications install the program for all users, in which case the shortcuts are placed in a different startup folder location. Here’s how to find the location of the “All Users” startup folder in Windows 11.
1. Use the keyboard shortcut “Windows+R” to open the Run prompt. Here, type the below command and press Enter.
2. This will instantly open the startup folder for all the users on Windows 11.
3. You can also paste the path below in the Run prompt, and it will take you to the same startup folder.
4. This is basically the location of the startup folder on Windows 11 for all users.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Where is the startup folder in Windows 11?
You can find the startup folder on Windows 11 by following this path. You need to paste it in the file explorer address bar.
How to find startup folder from Run?
You can just type
shell:startup in the Run prompt and press Enter. This will take you directly to the Windows 11 startup folder.
How to add programs to startup on Windows 11?
Open the Startup folder following our guide and then paste the programs shortcut into the Startup folder. Programs under the startup folder will run automatically after login.
Where is the startup folder for all Windows 11 users?
The startup folder for all Windows 11 users is here:
Configure Windows 11 Startup Folder Programs
This is how you can find the startup folder on Windows 11. From the startup folder, you can delete and add shortcuts to programs if you want to run them when you start your computer. Anyway, it all comes from us. If you want to automate tasks on Windows using Task Scheduler, check out our in-depth tutorial linked here. Other than that, you can disable startup programs and speed up Windows 11 by following our guide. Finally, if you have any questions, let us know in the comment section below.