Google recently announced a new release cycle for Chrome OS to deliver new features as soon as possible. From now on, you will receive a stable Chrome OS update with new features and tools every 4 weeks. Among the best Chromebook features is the ability to view photos from your android phone on chromebook. It’s part of an update to Phone Hub in Chrome OS, and Google has also brought notifications from your Android smartphone to Chromebooks. It’s a cool new feature, and in this article, we’ve covered how to view photos from your Android phone on Chromebook. So without further ado, let’s go ahead and find the recent photos from your Android device on your Chrome OS laptop.
View Photos from Your Android Phone on Chromebook (2022)
The ability to view photos from your Android phone on Chromebook was added with the release of Chrome OS 103. It’s available in the stable channel, so you don’t need to switch channels or turn on Chrome flags BONE. Let’s see how this feature works:
Requirements to view photos from Android phone on Chromebook
- As you might expect, the most basic requirement to use this feature is to keep bluetooth on on your Android smartphone and Chromebook.
- Also, you must have the same Google account signed in to your Chromebook and your Android phone.
How to connect an Android phone to your Chromebook
That said, let’s first go through the steps to link an Android phone to your Chrome OS device. Here are the steps you need to follow for Phone Hub on your Chromebook:
1. First, open the Quick Settings panel in the lower right corner. Here, click on the “gear wheel” icon to open Settings.
2. On the Settings page, switch to “Connected devices” in the left sidebar. Now, click on “Configure” next to “Android phone” in the right pane.
3. After that, click “Accept and continueonce you see the name of your Android smartphone under the “Device Detected” section.
4. Next, enter your Google account the password to confirm.
5. Wait for a few minutes, and you will receive a notification on your Android device saying “Linked to Chromebook”. This means that your Android phone is now connected to your Chromebook and you can see phone notifications and photos on your PC. But there are still some steps to enable these features, so tap the notification.
View photos from your Android phone on Chromebook
6. You can also open Settings on your Android phone and switch to “Bluetooth and Device Connection”. After that press “Chromebook“. Here, activate the “Photos and media” to toggle. This will allow you to see recent photos and other media files from your Android phone on Chromebook.
7. Now go back to your Chromebook. Go to the “Connected devices” Settings page and click on the name of your Android phone.
8. After that, click “Implementnext to “Recent photos and notifications.”
9. Click on “Next“, and you will receive a prompt on your Android smartphone to confirm that you want to share media with your Chrome OS device.
10. Tap on “Allow” on your Android smartphone, and you are almost done.
11. On your Chromebook, enable the “Recent pictures” to toggle. If you also want to receive notifications from your Android device on your Chromebook, turn on the toggle for “Notifications” as well.
11. A phone icon will now appear on Chrome OS Shelf. Click it and you can see your Android phone’s photos on Chromebook.
12. Click on the image to download it to your Chromebook. You can find the image under the “Downloadsfolder. So here is how you can upload photos from your Android phone to Chromebook.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to view recent photos from Android phone on Chromebook?
Your Chromebook must be on Chrome OS version 103 in the stable channel. And you will need to enable Phone Hub in the Settings menu. For detailed instructions, follow our guide.
How many recent photos can you upload from your Android phone to Chromebook?
Currently, Phone Hub on Chromebook can only display 4 recent images, which is disappointing and annoying.
How do I get my Chromebook to recognize my Android phone?
You must have the same Google account on your Chromebook and Android phone. Other than that, keep Bluetooth enabled on both of your devices. Now go ahead and configure the phone hub from the settings. You can follow our guide for detailed steps.
Can I transfer photos from my phone to my Chromebook?
Yes, apart from Phone Hub, you can use photos.google.com in the Chrome browser to view and download all your photos. You can also connect your iPhone to the Chromebook and transfer photos.
View Recent Android Phone Photos on Chromebook
Here are the steps you need to follow to enable Phone Hub on your Chromebook and view recent photos from your Android phone. I like the implementation, but it would have been better if Google allowed you to access more than 4 photos. A paltry limitation of only 4 images is annoying and makes it less useful. Anyway, it all comes from us. If you want to enable the new Chrome OS launcher on your Chromebook, we have a handy guide linked here. And to enable the hidden trash (trash) feature on your Chromebook, follow our tutorial. Finally, if you have any questions, let us know in the comment section below.