Did you know that you can send WhatsApp messages without saving the person’s number? Yes, you read that right. You don’t necessarily need to save the recipient’s number in your contact list to initiate a WhatsApp conversation with them. Here are four easy ways to send WhatsApp messages without adding a contact.
Send WhatsApp message without adding contact (2022)
In this guide, we have explained different methods that you can use to send WhatsApp messages without saving phone number on Android, iPhone and desktop. Use the table below to access the method
Use Click2Chat to Message Unregistered WhatsApp Contacts on Android
The easiest way to send text messages to unregistered WhatsApp numbers is to use a third-party app to call the chat window. Although there are many applications that serve this purpose, one such application that we recommend is Click2Chat. Follow the steps below to quickly send a WhatsApp message without saving any phone number using Click2Chat:
1. Install Click2Chat from Play Store (Free). When the app opens, enter the phone number in the text box and add your text to the message box. You can also choose to use one of the text suggestions or even generate a random quote. Once done, tap “Send to WA”.
2. Shortly after pressing the button, you will see the confirmation prompt from the app. Choose WhatsApp and Click2Chat will automatically redirect you to the person’s chat box with the message you typed. Keep in mind that your message is not automatically sent here. You will need to press the Send button on WhatsApp to start the conversation.
Use WhatsApp short links to send a message without saving the number
Another way to send messages to unregistered WhatsApp numbers is to use the WhatsApp API. To start, paste the following address into your address bar and replace the “X” with the phone number. Here, the pre-filled “91” refers to the country code. If you want to text someone outside India on WhatsApp, remember to change the country code as well.
After pasting the URL with the phone number you want to send a message to, tap “Continue chatting”. The website will redirect you to the person’s WhatsApp chat box and you can now send a message.
Send WhatsApp messages without adding contact on desktop
You can also use the WhatsApp API to start a new conversation on WhatsApp Web or Desktop. Follow the steps below to get started:
1. Paste the following address into your browser’s address bar and replace all “X”s with the recipient’s phone number. As mentioned above, make sure to change the pre-filled country code “91” if you want to message someone outside India. Click “Continue chatting” button to access the chat window.
2. From the confirmation prompt that now appears, click “Open” to open the chat window on WhatsApp Desktop. If you have WhatsApp Desktop installed, the browser will redirect you to the desktop app.
3. If you are not a WhatsApp Desktop user, you can click on the option “use whatsapp web” to continue on the web version.
Use Siri Shortcuts to Send WhatsApp Messages from iPhone
If you are an iPhone user, you can also rely on a nifty Siri Shortcut to easily send SMS to unsaved WhatsApp numbers. If you don’t have the Shortcuts app yet, you can download it from the App Store (free). Then follow the steps below:
1. Visit this link on your iPhone and tap “Add Shortcut” to download and install the Siri shortcut “WhatsApp To Non Contact”. You don’t need to do much afterwards as the shortcut will be installed automatically.
3. In the Shortcut app, Press on the shortcut to run it in the “My Shortcuts” section. Alternatively, you can also use Siri and say “Run WhatsApp to contactless shortcut” to access the same pop-up option to enter the recipient’s phone number.
4. Enter the contact number in the shortcut with the country code and tap “Done” in the upper right corner. Then you will receive a privacy notification asking if you want to allow the shortcut to access WhatsApp. Tap “Allow” in this notice.
5. Finally, the Siri Shortcut will redirect you to the WhatsApp conversation window to send a message to the unregistered contact. Easy, right?
Easily send messages to unsaved WhatsApp numbers
So, these are three ways to send WhatsApp messages without saving the person’s contact number. If you were looking for a way to send SMS to unsaved WhatsApp numbers, we hope you found this tutorial helpful. Be sure to check out our full list of the best WhatsApp tips and tricks for more suggestions.