Apple introduced Quick Note as one of the best new features in iPadOS 15 early last year. What makes this a useful feature is its ability to let you start taking notes from anywhere on your device. So whenever an interesting idea pops up or you want to jot down important points during a meeting, you don’t have to open the Apple Notes app and use Quick Notes instead. Now, with the release of iOS 16, Apple has extended this productivity-centric feature to also deliver a fast and streamlined note-taking experience on iPhone. If you have installed iOS 16 on your iPhone and want to try this feature, let me show you how to enable and use Quick Note on your device.
Activate and use Quick Note on iPhone (2022)
iOS 16 not only lets you add a quick note icon to your iPhone’s control center, but also lets you use it conveniently. Quick Note is even integrated with iPhone’s share sheet so you can access it in multiple supported apps like Safari, Pages, Voice Memos, and more. To find out more, let’s dive in!
Add Quick Note Icon to iPhone Control Center
1. First, open the Settings app on your iPhone and select “Control center“.
2. Under the “More controls“section, find”Quick Noteand press the green “+” button next to it. That’s it! The Quick Note icon will now appear in the control center.
To note: If you want the Quick Note icon to appear higher in Control Center, long-press the three horizontal lines next to Quick Note to drag the icon to the desired location in Control Center.
Use Quick Note on your iPhone
Once the Quick Note icon is available in your device’s control center, just tap on it to take a quick note. Here’s how it works:
1. First, open the control center on your iPhone.
- On iPhone/iPad with Face ID: Swipe down from the top right corner of the screen.
- On iPhone/iPad with Touch ID: Swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen.
2. Next, press the Quick Note icon (sticky note with curvy line).
3. Now a Quick Note window will appear on the iPhone screen for you to jot down your thoughts or anything you want to take note of. Since it provides all the familiar formatting tools and features, including a document scanner and markup, you can take notes with the efficiency you want. Be sure to press “to safeguard” in the upper right corner to save your note.
Save a Safari Website Link to a Quick Note on iPhone
While browsing the web, if you come across an interesting news item, you can save it to Quick Note on your iPhone. To do this, you will first need to add the Quick Note action to Safari.
Add Quick Note Action to Safari on iPhone
1. Open “Safari” and go to a web page. Then press the “Share” button and press “Edit Actions” that appears at the bottom of the share sheet.
2. In Safari, tap the “+” button to the left of “Add to quick note“.
3. If you want to easily access the Quick Note action, long press three horizontal lines next to the action and drag it to the preferred place in the list. At the end press “Do” to finish.
Save a Website Link to a Quick Note on iPhone
Once you’ve added the Quick Note action to Safari, saving a website link to read later is super easy. Here’s how:
1. Launch Safarinavigate to the web page you want to save and press “To share” button at the bottom.
2. Now press “Add to quick note” in the share sheet menu to see the quick note overlay on your screen. Here you can add an important note (optional), then tap “to safeguard” in the top right to save your note.
Use Quick Note to save text on your iPhone
Sometimes you may want to save a snippet of text instead of an entire article. In such a situation, you can use Quick Note to save the selected text to your iPhone.
1. Navigate to the text you want to save. After that, touch and hold a specific word to display the text selection tool. Next, drag the handle to select the text and press the forward arrow (>) from the text formatting context menu.
To note: You may need to double-tap the forward arrow “>” to bring up the New Quick Note option.
3. Next, press the “New quick note” option in the text formatting window. Now you can write something in the note (optional) and press “to safeguard” top right to finish.
Create Quick Note from Voice Memos App on iPhone
Notably, you can also create a quick note from the Voice Memos app. While recording audio on your iPhone, you can quickly jot down ideas without leaving the Voice Memos app.
1. Open the Voice Memos app and press the three dots icon next to your recording.
2. Now press New quick note -> write something down (optional), then press save.
To note: As mentioned above, Quick Note is integrated with the share sheet on iPhone. If you want to access the Quick Note window from any supported app, tap the Share icon, then find the “New Quick Note” option.
How to Access and View All Your Quick Notes on iPhone
Now you must be wondering where quick notes are saved on iPhone? Well, you can access all your Quick Notes right from the stock note-taking app in iOS 16. It includes a dedicated Quick Notes folder, which makes finding and managing notes a hassle-free experience. If you have enabled iCloud backups for Notes, they will even sync with all your devices linked to the same Apple ID. That said, here’s how you can read all your Quick Notes on iPhone in iOS 16.
1. Open the Apple Notes app on your iPhone.
2. Now press the Quick Notes folder and see all your quick notes. You can also manage them like any other note.
Use Quick Note for Quick Pen Ideas on iPhone
This is how you can get the most out of Quick Note to improve your note-taking experience on your iPhone running iOS 16. Slowly but surely, the Apple Notes app has become quite feature-rich. The addition of tools like scanning text from photos, tags and smart folders played a vital role in making it interesting. What do you think of the stock Apple Notes app? What do you think of the Quick Note application and function? Let us know in the comments below.