Changing your Facebook password is an effective measure to improve the security of your account, especially if you have reused your password elsewhere or if it has been compromised in a data breach. Facebook offers the ability to change the account password on all platforms, and you can reset it from the desktop website, Android and iPhone apps. In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps needed to set a new password for your Facebook account.
Change Facebook Password (2022)
We’ve covered how you can change your account password from Facebook’s website, Android app, or iOS app. Feel free to use the table of contents below to jump to the relevant section. That said, let’s get straight to it.
Change Facebook Password on Computer Using Website
1. Log in to your Facebook account and click the down arrow in the upper right corner. Now expand the “Settings and Privacyto access the Facebook settings view option.
2. Until next time, click “Settings” to view your Facebook settings page.
3. From the “Security and connection” page, click on the “Change” button next to “Change password” to set a new password for your Facebook account.
4. Enter your current password in the “Current” field and enter your new password in the “New” and “Retype New” fields. Once done, click “Save Changes” to start using your new Facebook password.
5. You will now see a confirmation prompt about changing your password. You can choose to stay signed in on other devices or view active sessions. Although you should review devices if you believe someone may have accessed your account, choosing “Stay signed in” is fine as long as you update your password as a security measure.
Change Facebook password on Android
1. Open the Facebook app and tap the burger menu in the upper right corner. Now, tap “Settings and privacy” and choose “Settings” to access Facebook settings.
2. In the “Account” settings, choose “Password and security” and press “Change password” to change your Facebook password.
3. Enter your old Facebook password and type your new password. To finish, tap “Update Password” to change the password. As mentioned above, you have the option to revisit other active sessions or stay logged in across all your devices.
Change Facebook password on iPhone
1. Open Facebook on your iPhone and tap the hamburger menu in the lower right corner. Now, expand “Settings and Privacy” and choose “Settings”.
2. When you are on the settings page, choose “Password and security” and press “Change password”.
3. Enter your current password and your new password. Press “Save Changes” to confirm your new Facebook password.
Forgot Facebook password? Here’s how to reset it
If you forgot your Facebook account password, you can choose to reset it. Here is how to change Facebook password without an old password:
1. To start, click on “Forgot your password?” option from the login screen.
2. Now you need to enter your email address or phone number to find your account. Use one of these details and click on the “Search” button.
3. Once Facebook has identified your account, choose “Send code by e-mail” to receive the reset code by email, then click “Continue”. Enter the code to reset your password and set a new one.
Reset Facebook Password on Mobile (Android and iOS)
1. To reset your Facebook password on your phone, tap “Forgot your password?” » from the login screen and enter your email address or phone number on the next page.
2. Facebook will now send you a confirmation code to your registered email. Press “Continue” to send the code and enter the 6-digit code on the next page. After confirming the code, you can proceed to reset the password.
Find and reset your Facebook password
So yes, these are the steps you can follow to change your Facebook account password easily. While you’re at it, we also recommend trying a password manager to securely save your passwords without having to remember them. In the meantime, if your Facebook account is disabled, you can check out our linked guide for tips on recovering it.