Our inboxes can easily be filled with spam if we are unaware of the services we are signing up for. Fortunately, email providers like Gmail offer users a way to block emails. Blocking unwanted emails is a surefire way to help you prioritize emails and make sure you don’t miss important communication among all the spammy promotions. In this article, we have explained the steps to block emails on Gmail.
Block Emails on Gmail: A Detailed Guide (2022)
Block emails on the Gmail website (Windows, Mac, and Linux)
1. Log into your Gmail account and open the email from the sender you want to block. Now click on the three dots vertical icon in the upper right corner of the mail.
2. When the list of options appears, choose “Block
3. From the confirmation prompt, click OK” to block the email address on Gmail.
Unblock emails on Gmail website
1. To unblock someone’s email, you must first click the Settings gear icon in the upper right corner.
2. When the “Quick Settings” pop-up appears, choose “See all settings” to review Gmail settings.
3. Here, move to the “Filters and Blocked Address” section and select the email addresses you want to unblock. Now, click on the “Unblock selected addresses” button.
4. When the confirmation prompt appears, click “Unlock” to unblock the sender.
Block emails on Gmail MobileApp (Android and iPhone)
Blocking someone on the Gmail mobile app is quite simple. Open the sender’s email, tap the vertical three-dot menu, then select the option “Block
Unblock emails on the Gmail mobile app (Android and iPhone)
To unblock someone on the Gmail mobile app, open the blocked sender’s mail and tap the sender “Unblock”. You will receive new emails from the sender in your Gmail inbox in the future.
Do you receive spam? How to unsubscribe from unwanted emails
If you want to unsubscribe from pesky marketing emails, open the email account in Gmail and click the “unsubscribe” button next to the email address at the top.
Depending on the service, you’ll either have a one-click solution to unsubscribe or be redirected to a dedicated webpage asking for feedback on your decision to stop receiving emails. If you don’t see the “unsubscribe” button next to the email address in Gmail, you’ll find it somewhere at the bottom of the email.
Frequently Asked Questions
When you block someone on Gmail, do they know?
No, the sender will not be notified when you block them on Gmail.
How to block emails from Gmail without them knowing?
You can use the Block button in the mail window to get rid of unwanted emails in Gmail. We have detailed instructions on how to block someone on Gmail in this article.
Why do blocked emails always arrive via Gmail?
If you received an email from someone you previously blocked, chances are that person is using a new email address. You will now also need to block the new email address.
Block unwanted emails to clean up your inbox
So, these are the methods to block someone’s emails on Gmail using the website and mobile app. If you don’t want to block emails entirely, you can choose to archive them instead. You can learn how to archive emails and find archived emails in Gmail from our linked guide. Once you’re done, we also recommend using folders and labels to organize your mailbox.