If you’ve ever installed third-party apps on your iPhone, you’ve used the App Store. Since Apple doesn’t allow sideloading apps on the iPhone for security reasons, and third-party app stores are not available for iOS so far, the only real way to access to apps on iPhone is through the App Store. That’s why it can be frustrating not to find the App Store on your iPhone. If you are facing the same problem with your device, don’t worry. Here are 7 ways to fix App Store missing on iPhone.
7 Working Methods to Fix App Store Missing on iPhone (2022)
1. Use Spotlight to find the App Store
While customizing your iPhone home screen, you may have accidentally placed the App Store in a different folder and forgotten about it. In such situation, you can use iPhone Spotlight search.
- Only swipe down from the middle of the screen to bring up Spotlight search and type App Store.
- If the app appears in the search result, just tap on it and you’re good to go!
To note: You can also drag the Spotlight search results icon to your home screen for easy access in the future.
2. Use the App Library to easily find the missing App Store
Introduced in iOS 14, App Library automatically categorizes your apps into different categories, making it easier to find an app. So, instead of jumping from one home screen page to another to search the App Store, you should take advantage of the App Library to quickly access the App Store.
- Swipe left from the right to access the App Library. If you have multiple home screen pages, you will need to swipe multiple times to access the App Library. Now check out the “Utilities” section to locate the App Library.
- Alternatively, press the search bar at the top and enter App Store. The app will appear instantly.
3. Make sure the App Store is not on a hidden home screen page
Modern versions of iOS, including iOS 15 and iOS 14, allow you to hide home screen pages. Therefore, you can keep some unwanted apps out of sight without having to delete them. So make sure the App Store is not on a home screen page that you have hidden.
- Touch and hold the empty area screen and press the horizontal dots basically.
- Now look carefully at the home screen page thumbnails to find the one where the App Store is placed. After that press the small circle at the bottom of the home page thumbnail. Be sure to type Fact to confirm your action.
4. Make sure the App Store is not restricted
Screen Time aka the inbuilt Parental Controls feature lets you restrict the installation of apps on your iPhone or iPad. Therefore, make sure that you or another member of your family have not restricted the App Store on your device.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad and choose screen time.
- Now scroll down and tap Content and Privacy Restrictions. After that, make sure the toggle next to Content and Privacy Restrictions is on. Then press iTunes and App Store Store purchases.
- Then press Installing applications and choose To permit.
5. Reset Home Screen Layout
Another reliable trick you should try to find the hidden App Store app on your iPhone is to reset the home screen layout. This will declutter your home screen, putting the layout in the default state.
- Navigate to the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad and tap General.
- Now scroll down and tap Transfer or Reset iPhone/iPadthen press Reset.
- Then press Reset home screen layout and confirm by pressing Reset home screen in the menu that appears from the bottom.
- In iOS 14 or earlier, go to Settings app -> General -> Reset -> Reset Home Screen Layout -> Reset Home Screen.
6. Reset all settings
Still can’t find the App Store on your iPhone? Well, now might be the time to try resetting all settings on your iPhone.
- Launch it Settings app on your iPhone or iPad and tap General.
- Now press Transfer or Reset iPhone/iPad at the bottom of the screen and press Reset.
- Then press Reset all settings and confirm.
- In iOS 14 or earlier, go to Settings app -> General -> Reset -> Reset All Settings -> Reset All Settings.
7. Update the software on your iPhone or iPad
If you haven’t found the App Store missing on your iOS device yet, try updating the software. The problem may be caused by a rare software glitch. Therefore, updating the operating system might solve it.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad and tap General.
- Now press Software update then download and install the latest version of iOS/iPadOS on your device.
Easily Recover App Store on iPhone
That’s done! Hope the App Store is back on your device. From my personal experience, messy settings or chaotic layout are often the cause of this problem. Therefore, fixing these fundamentals can help you fix the problem in most cases. By the way, which of these fixes helped you find the App Store on your device? Let us know in the comments.